Monday, February 3, 2014

ladies, it starts today.

a 21 day sugar detox.
yup, you read that right. 
no sugar for 21 days. 
well except for maybe v-day, duh.
 
 
me, the girls from my apartment & a few others have officially named February
no "sugary candy/baked goods/whatever else you can cut back on" month. 
I know, you probably thinking "umm why on earth would you do that"
trust me, so am I.

The main point of this sugar detox is to refuel the body, become more energized & focus on putting healthier foods in me. And mainly, I'm just wanted to decrease the unhealthy amount of cravings I have for sweets.  The less sugar I put into my body, the less my body will want it. 

Now if you're like me, this is going to be hard.. I just love it all.. here are a few tricks:
 
1. For starters.. through away any sweets you may have.  Don't put yourself the torture of know you have a box of Oreos in your pantry. 
2. Drink plenty of water, remember this post? Especially when you feel a craving coming on!
3. Find healthy, alternative snacks that will kill the cravings. Find ideas on pinterest or the internet! Here is a whole board dedicated to 21 Day Sugar Detox approved meals!
4. Just say no! If you are like me, the minute you decide to start this detox, you will be offered every amazing treat in the world.  Just remember, it's only 21 days. If anything, promise yourself after this is over you can have whatever treat you want. [hopefully, you won't it as badly anymore]
5. Don't be to hard on yourself. If you slip up, it's okay.  Start fresh the next day.  
6. Finally, everything is easier when you are being held accountable.  Find a friend, tell your husband, make a chart, whatever it takes!  That is one reason why I dragged my roomies & you guys into this. If not.. I would probably cave after a few days!
 
So, who's with me? Are you ready to kick the sugar cravings!?
I will be posting throughout the next 21 days great snack ideas, recipes & more!
I would love to hear any tips or tricks you guys have when it comes to cutting sugar. 

xoxo, Morgan

1 comment :