Wednesday, February 5, 2014

coconut oil sugar scrub

I don't know about anyone else, but this cold winter weather has really started to beat up my skin - making it super dry and dull. That is why I am super excited to share with you my favorite, quick & simple, body scrub!


I love this scrub because the sugar exfoliate the skin, helping get rid of any dry or dead skin, while the coconut oil gives the skin that extra moisture it has been looking for! And if you decide to add any essential oils, well that just makes it smell that much better! I ended up adding some Lavender essential oil to my scrub, which is one of my favorites! 

Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub:
+ 1 cup of sugar
+ 1/2 cup of coconut oil
+ a few drops of essential oil [optional]

Simply, combined your ingredients together, I like to "soften" my coconut oil before I mix everything together - I will normally just fill the sink with hot water and let it sit for a few minutes. .... & your done! It really is that simple! Just store in either a mason jar or some small container.

enjoy!
xoxo Morgan

1 comment :

  1. I am a coconut lover so I need to try this! It looks delicious, thank you!

    www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com

    x

    ReplyDelete