Friday, January 31, 2014

drink more water.

me and water have a love hate relationship.
it's sooo good for you, but sometimes it's sooo hard.
especially when i'm in class all day and need to pee 24-7 (tmi?)

so here are some benefits of water & why you need to drink it!

+ because you need to, okay?
+ promote clean, clear skin. need i say more?
+ it's anatural appetite suppressant. drinking water through the day and before you eat, allows you to fill fuller, preventing 'unnecessary snacking'. 
+ energizes muscles. cells that don't maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue. this is why it's important to drink water before (about two hours) and after. replenish those muscles girls! 
+ more water = less sugary, bad-for-you drinks.  nuff said.
+ this thing called "water weight". when we don't drink enough water, your body holds on to whatever water it does get, which can cause bloating and maybe a few extra pounds to show up on the scale.
+ it helps detoxify your body of all the bad things in your body.

[got info from herehere]

Now what?
Some people say you should drink your body weight, in ounces, of water a day, some say half of your weight in ounces. I started by making sure I drank at least half of my body weight of water, then once I adjusted/got into the habit of drinking so much dang water, I slowly increased it.

My challenge to you: Drink more water! Easy right?
I hope everyone has a fabulous Superbowl weekend!
Please cheer for the Broncos.. if they win my accounting professor is going to give us answers to our exam questions.  I really don't care who wins, but I do need to pass this exam soo... GO BRONCOS!

xoxo Morgan

5 comments :

  1. haha love this! I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with this! I posted something about water too a couple weeks ago (http://laurynlasko.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-easy-way-to-skinny-water-101.html). It is sooo crucial. Thanks for the info!

    xx Laur

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE water. Like, bad. I really need to just force myself to drink it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drink so much water! I have to drink less at school because I can't leave appointments to go pee haha but drinking water was huge in helping my body FEEL better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how much better it makes you feel when you consistently drink enough water - Skin, energy, bloating!

    www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com
    x

    ReplyDelete