Wednesday, January 1, 2014

a DIY I should be embrassed about.

About a year ago, I was introduced to a miracle worker by the name of Stacey.  She is an Esthetician & she has changed a lot of things within my daily face routine.  She has always stressed to me how important it is to wash your make-up brushes.  I mean, think about it.. you are having a serious break out, you use your brushes to try and cover it up and then you move on.  Think about the bacteria and germs that move from your break out to your brushes.  Ew.  So after my visit today with her, I decided I was going to start the new year with fresh, clean brushes!!

I gagged when I thought about rubbing this all over my face every day.
Girls, WASH YOUR BRUSHES!

I pretty much followed the tutorial here but thought I would share & all you need is baby shampoo!


 Simply put some baby shampoo in a bowl of warm water, swirl your brushes around [watch all the crap come off] & rinse. Be sure to dry your bushes on an incline, it allows water to fall out and prevents your brushes from falling apart.

I can't wait to see the difference in how my make-up goes on with clean brushes! Be sure to let me know if you try this - I secretly hope I am not the only one who has this nasty of make-up brushes!

6 comments :

  1. I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm totally trying it! Thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been putting it off for awhile now.. I am glad I finally did it! Good luck!!

      Delete
  2. I need to clean mine like NOW! Mine will probably be worse haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked! I couldn't believed how the make-up just keep coming off!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this!! I NEED to do this very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking of posting a cleaning brushes DIY. Way to go girl, your face will love you!

    xx Laur
    laurynlasko.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete