Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I have a very big announcement.....


Kalvin & I are excited to announce.... drum roll please .... WE'RE ENGAGED!!!


It has been a very exciting/happy/unbelievable/chaotic weekend! And I bet you wanna know how it all happened huh? Well, I am an expert at the story now, and I just love it, so I will tell it one more time just for you guys!

This past weekend, Me & Kalvin headed down to Cokeville to escape 'the stresses of Logan'.  The main plan of the weekend was to target shooting, mainly based around the bet I had with him saying I was a better shot.. hehe.   We decided to make out own targets to put on water jugs.  Things that bugged us; school, work, ankle boots [that one was for kalvin], etc.
    
After a few rounds, Kalvin went out about 120 yards and set me up three more targets for me.  He came back and he told me to shot the one on the bucket first.  I looked through my scope, found the bucket and almost died as I saw the words "Morgan, will you marry me???"


I paused, looked back at him and said "Kalvin, what does that say?!".  He insisted he didn't know and told me to read it again.  This time, after taking a second to grasp that this was really happening, when I turned around I found my very handsome Kalvin on one knee with the most beautiful ring in his hands!!

I have never been so happy!! After lots of sweet & beautiful words from Kalvin, I happily said YES! Which then I had to make 'official' by shooting one of the two remaining targets, yes or no.  I hit the YES target in one shot!


It was then followed with a drive to the top of the mountain just in time to watch the sunset and return home to a candlelight dinner & my favorite.. 'twinkly lights'. It was perfect!!

Needless to say - Kalvin did an amazing job on it all! Especially my ring, I just adore it!  I told him I don't know how I ever lived without it haha!

side note:  I realized this weekend how much I hate my hands. haha I swear we took sooo many pictures of my 'ring' and ended with this one because it didn't show my short, fat fingers!
what's a girl to do?!
 
 The past few days have been so exciting, I cannot wait to start this new adventure with the most amazing man ever!!

6 comments :

  1. I have been waiting for this post! It sounded perfect. Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. morgan... hahahha thats how I felt when i got engaged. you like notice your hands and you're like yuck. hahhahha taking ring pictures were the worst! so happy for you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay! You're adorable! Plus you live in Logan just like me, so need to be friends! :) haha I LOVE your ring too! Absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you!! He did a pretty good job :) You're blog is soo cute, especially since you live in Logan!

      Delete
  4. GAHHH! Never saw this until today GAHHH Super EXCITED! :)

    ReplyDelete