Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Pink Series Half Marathon

Every year all the girls in my family get together and head down to Park City for the weekend to run in The Pink Series Half Marathon! This means a weekend of shopping, girl talk & that dang 13.1 miles.  The Pink Series is an all girl race supporting women with breast cancer and their families. As family & friends we have created "Team Dixie".  We run for our Aunt Dixie, one of the bravest ladies I know.  This year Dixie's granddaughters got married the same day as the race so she was unable to tag along, however Team Dixie still represented!

 Below you will see me, my sister, mom, aunts & grandma. 
We don't run because we love to run, we run because we love Aunt Dixie!

My aunt Kasie just loves her Austrian rootbeer aka Ginger Beer. It's disgusting. 
What I do love is the open cabinets & dishes in the condo. 


 
 Do you love our team poster or what?!

As for the run.. it was eehh.  The course is by far the prettiest course I have ran, however this year I was poorly prepared and ended up running it alone after loosing the rest of the team.  I definitely didn't reach the time I was hoping for but I did be my sister, mom & aunt ;)  

 **************

I look forward to this trip all year long, mainly because it means shopping at the outlets!  
This year was to-die for!  We are talking 40-50% off storewide in J. Crew, Banana Republic, Nike, American Eagle & so many more.  I have been in need of new make-up so of course we had to stop at Bare Minerals! Where I scored two free new lipsticks. Go me! Stay tuned next week for a post about my favorite beauty products! 

 Hope you all had a fabulous weekend - xoxo.

2 comments :

  1. what a fun weekend! i have an aunt dixie, too :) i bet it was beautiful!

    msemilybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Just ran across your blog, and I think it is absolutely adorable. New follower!
    xoxoivylauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete