Tuesday, October 1, 2013

of weekend of #gettinourcrafton

This weekend I made those adorable pumpkins and this Halloween banner.  
And Kalvin loved every second of it, as you can tell.

There is nothing I love more than waking up early in the morning and starting to get ready for class and then finding out class was canceled. That will teach me to check my email.  Anyways... I thought I would use this 'free' time to finally post about my new apartment/room!  My goal this year was to not spend money on any decorations or new bedroom stuff.  I have had plenty of 'new house purchases' in the past three years I knew I could manage without! 

Now, imagine a pumpkin spice candle burning and enjoy the pictures! 

I have been wanting to put this photo wall up for years now and am so happy with how it turn out! 
I am still on the hunt for a few new pillows but Logan doesn't give me very many stores to work with.


I love my vinyl chalkboard calendar that I got from Brickyard Buffalo over the summer! And that adorable bicycle print, it came from Ashley's etsy shop!
[don't mind the empty picture frame, I'm working on it]


I love the way my desk and jewelry hangers turned out! Did you see the before & afters?

And now, the downstairs.  Yes, I was very frustrated when I got all the way to the end and the last 'T' was too tall.  So I layed it sideways, until I find a saw. haha

 



And I just had to show you our adorable chicken chalkboard.  I love this guy.  
Sorry it took me so long to post, I have been living in this house for over a month now! Hope you enjoyed! Do any of you have any fun fall/halloween decoration ideas?

2 comments :

  1. Absolutely LOVING all your fall decorations!!!!! How did you make the "fall" and "trick or treat" blocks?? They are PRECIOUS and I definitely want to make them for my apartment now!! I saw your Instagram pic a few days ago and cracked up because it definitely reminds me of my boyfriend, Matthew. You would think they would know by now that us girls juts love to craft and decorate for the holidays haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! My mom actually made the "trick or treat" ones a few years ago, she just found a bunch of different vinyl letters and cut out wood blocks to match. And the 'fall' I made from a kit sold at a local craft store. But you could make them super easily! My boyfriend was actually upset most of the night that I paid money for a bunch a 2x4's instead of just letting him cut me some haha. I told him he'd have to get use to the decorating!

      Delete