Saturday, October 19, 2013

Girl Talk: Current Favorites

I don't have a 'daily' make-up routine.  There is just something about wearing the same eyeshadow or lipgloss every day that just sounds boring to me!  My roomie laughs at me every morning and how different I truly do my make-up everyday.  I haven't decided if it's a good or a bad thing yet. It's probably bad because I don't take the time to really learn to use a product or test it out for more than a few days so the fact I consider these products as 'favorites' is a big deal!!

So here is a list of all my current favorites! But like I have said, you ask me again in about two weeks and I will have a completely new 'favorites' list for you. Dang you Ulta & your fabulous coupons!


 1/ realTechniques Foundation brush: I don't know why I originally bought this brush.. I probably saw some tutorial on YouTube and told myself that if I bought it, my skin would look awesome & flawless! (Psh Morgan, you are going to need more than a brush!) I probably only wear actual foundation a few times a week, if we are lucky, but when I do I love this brush!  It does such a great job at blending out all my makeup and creating a nice even surface. 

2/ Stila One Step:  Not gonna lie, the 'awesome colors and swirls' are probably what initially brought me to this product. However, I did go find it in a review on YouTube, it claimed to be a 'skin tone correcting, brightening serum'. I was doubting. However, as you can tell, I have used it daily since I bought it!  I have a few trouble spots caused by scaring and it really helps in evening it all out.  Does it complete take the spots away? No, but it helps. It has also taken the spot of my primer and seems to be doing the job.

3/ bareMinerals Mineral Veil:  This product is new to me, I have only had it for about a week but I love love love it!  I originally received it in the bareMinerals starter kit, which of course I got bored with all the other products and moved on, but I have kept using this bad guy! It is meant to be used as a finishing powder with a pretty transparent 'glowing effect' to it.

4/ Maybelline 24 hr Color Tattoo 'Barely Branded':  This stuff has been a favorite for awhile, after finding a super simple tutorial on youtube.  It works as an awesome base/primer or just by itself for those lazy days.

5/ Ulta 'Gold Dust' Eyeshadow: I am not sure what color I would classify this eyeshadow as, which is why I think it is great.  Depending on what you pair it with, it can pull brown or purple. With a slight shimmer, it's my go-to color.

6/ Ulta Lip Butter 'Dubai': I am not much of a lipstick girl, mainly because I suck at putting it on and I feel like within 10 minutes its wore off somewhere... But this stuff is awesome for us girls who struggle with big girl lipstick!! It goes on like chapstick, with a nice rice color, and stays.  And hey, if it doesn't stay, it's not to big of a pain to reapply.

So as you can tell,  I watch wayyyyy to many YouTube tutorials and spend to much money at Utla.  Some days I feel guilty, but most days I don't. 
 Have you guys tried any of these products?  What are your favorites? 


Hope your having a great weekend!

1 comment :

  1. My sister has a few realTechnique brushes from Ulta, and she really likes them. I was going to check them out the next time I was at Ulta. I'll also be picking up that Ulta eyeshadown as well. That color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete