Friday, April 26, 2013

The Ending of a Habit

Last September I decided I wanted to become a better me, change some of my habits, and create new and better ones.  For the first time in my life, I met every goal/new habit I wrote down. Not only am I extremely proud of myself (proud enough to celebrate with ice cream) but I can't even begin to express what a difference they have made in my life. I decided to write about one my 'new' habits mainly because I feel like I need to express my appreciation for it.

For the past eight months, every Thursday at 7:30 a.m. I enter into the doors of the beautiful Logan LDS Temple to complete baptisms for the dead. Greeted by those beautiful temple workers and overcome by a peaceful spirit that fills the temple. Today was a very bitter sweet experience as I knew it was probably my last time since the semester is over and I am soon moving back home.  There are no words to express the amount of love and desire I have developed over the months for that amazing building. The sweet, sweet temple workers who now greet me by name, the peace within the walls that brings a sweet new spirit into my heart every time I go, and the ability to serve my Lord are just a few things I have grown to love.

I created this goal after I realized how much I was taking for granted.  I literally live walking distance for a temple and yet I rarely made it there.  It was then I realized how much I was missing out on. Not only has the experience allowed me serve and do the things we are commanded to do but I have  grown as a person and my testimony of temple work has increased.  

So this morning, I said tear-filled goodbye for the summer to this beautiful temple. I hope to make it back a few times but due to travel and a new schedule, I know my trips will be in few numbers. But I will be back and ready to start this 'habit' all over again next fall.


"you are never lost if you can see the temple"
 photo sign_zpsdb7425e8.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment